The Rotary Club of Downtown Macon Scholarship Fund
In 2016, the Rotary Club of Downtown Macon created an endowed scholarship fund at the Community Foundation of Central Georgia to assist eligible first generation students of Bibb County with the cost of attending college, university or accredited technical college in Georgia.
To provide a college scholarship to a graduating senior of a public or private high school or a homeschooled student in Bibb County.
- Must be a graduating senior at a public or private high school or a homeschooled student in Bibb County.
- Must be a resident of Bibb County.
- Must be accepted to and planning to enroll at a university, college, or accredited technical college in Georgia. Students planning to attend an online or for-profit college are not eligible to apply.
- Must be enrolled as a full time student, or enrolled as a part time student while working part time or full time.
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 to apply.
- Children of members of the Rotary Club of Downtown Macon are not eligible to apply.
Applicants will be selected based on the following:
- Preference will be given to first generation college students. A first generation college student is defined as a student with neither parent having received a four-year college degree.
- Demonstrated financial need.
- Positive record in academics, community service, or service to others.
How to Apply